Tuesday

Gettin' There

So, I'm staying off the MOFRO for the rest of the week, only because in 72 hours I'll be in San Francisco in chill mode. Then on Saturday night at the Fillmore Auditorium, I'll make my first appearance at the famed venue. Even if I am only a spectator, it'll be just fine. JJGrey & MOFRO will be headlining a Saturday night show with Chuck Prophet in support. So, I'm off the 'FRO until then, which is fine. I've given the new album numerous spins, and listened to about everything thats gone up on the archive. Congratulations to everyone who helped make this happen.

Well, last weekend in Denver Colorado, pretty much everyone that played on the album showed up at the Cervantes Ballroom. Those lucky enough to attend got a glimpse into a MOFRO show with backing female vocals, something I dream of seeing. Hopes would be high for the likes of that to happen in San Francisco, where the famed Gloria Jones and Jackie LaBranch - both of JGB fame - could stop by for an inspirational. Anyway it goes down, I'm happy to get outta town and on the road, if only a wee bit of time. Time for my wife and I spend together jookin' and jivin' and just chillin out for a while.

Cheers all!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics